Skip to Content

Federal Agency Help

Kelly considers it a privilege to assist the people of New Hampshire with matters involving the federal government. If you are seeking help to resolve a particular issue with a federal agency, please feel free to submit an electronic request form or contact one of her state offices regarding your situation. Kelly is often able to make inquiries into matters related to Social Security, Medicare, veterans' benefits, and passports and visas. Additionally, her office regularly works with New Hampshire businesses, institutions, and municipalities as they explore opportunities to seek assistance on a competitive basis.

The Privacy Act of 1974 requires written permission before a congressional office may make certain inquiries to a federal agency on your behalf. Kelly’s staff will review your submission and inform you if such a waiver is required.


Resources for Constituents

The federal agencies listed below are some of the most frequently contacted agencies by constituents.  You may find helpful information by visiting the following links.


Social Security

The Social Security Administration administers the Social Security program, which consists of retirement, disability, and survivors' benefits.


Frequently Asked Questions

New Hampshire SSA offices


Medicare & Medicaid 

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is the federal agency responsible for administering the Medicare, Medicaid, SCHIP, and several other health related programs.


Medicare Prescription Drug Program


Citizenship and Immigration Services

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the government agency that oversees lawful immigration to the United States.  USCIS conducts inspections of travelers seeking entry into the U.S., and oversees control of U.S. borders.


USCIS Resources



Passport Services

Applying for a Passport

The Department of State's Passport Services Directorate issues U.S. passports to Americans traveling abroad.  Passports can be processed by mail or in person, and the usual processing time is approximately 10 weeks for regular service and four weeks for expedited service.  A new passport is valid for 10 years for persons age 16 and up and five years for those 15 years old or younger.

Applying by Mail

You may be eligible to apply by mail if you have had a passport within the last 12 years (and you were at least 16 years old at the time), and your passport is undamaged and can be submitted with your application.  You may obtain a passport application (Form DS-82) at a courthouse, post office, regional passport agency, or online from the State Department website. 

Applying in Person

If you are applying for a passport for the first time, you are not eligible to apply by mail and must apply in person.  You may appear at select post offices, courthouses, or a passport agency and bring proof of your identity, proof of citizenship (a certified copy of your birth certificate or a naturalization certificate), and two recent passport photos.  The fee for applicants age 16 and older is $85, and the fee for applicants under age 16 is $70. 

Expedited Service

The National Passport Center provides expedited processing for an additional fee of $60 per application. 

Emergency Assistance

Should you need assistance while you are abroad, you may contact Emergency Consular Services at any time at: 202-647-5225.

To report a lost or stolen passport, call:  1-877-487-2778


State Department

The U.S. Department of State is the federal agency responsible for foreign relations, and also operates U.S. embassies, consulates, and diplomatic missions abroad.  The State Department also administers travel visas and passports for American citizens.

Travel Information  - travel advisories, tips, and emergency information


Postal Service

The United State Postal Service is an independent agency of the federal government that is responsible for providing postal and mail services in the United States.


Customer Service

Frequently Asked Questions


Veterans Administration

The Department of Veterans Affairs is responsible for administering veterans' medical care, benefits, social support, and other services they have earned in service to our nation.

Veterans Services

Veterans Health Administration

Veterans Benefits Administration

VA Resources for Returning Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve service members of Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom

Frequently Asked Questions


Department of Defense

The Defense Department oversees all agencies and functions of the government related to the U.S. Armed Forces and national security. 




Marine Corps

Air Force

New Hampshire National Guard



TRICARE is the health care program serving Uniformed Service members, retirees and their families worldwide.


Frequently Asked Questions


Internal Revenue Service

The IRS is the nation's tax collection agency and administers the Internal Revenue Code enacted by Congress.


Frequently Asked Questions


IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service

New Hampshire IRS offices


Labor Department

The Department of Labor is responsible for the administration and enforcement of Federal employment laws.


Workers Compensation


Consumer Protection

Federal Citizen Information Center:  a one-stop source for answers to questions about consumer problems and government services.

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission: is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death from thousands of types of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction.


Federal Trade Commission consumer resources:


Description: Button | Internet Safety
Internet Safety

Description: Button | Identity Theft
Identity Theft

Description: Button | Children's Privacy Online
Children's Privacy Online

Description: Button | Spam Email
Email Spam

Description: Button | Do Not Call Registry
Do Not Call Registry

Description: Button | Travel Tips
Travel Tips

Description: Button | Saving Energy
Saving Energy

Description: Button | Saving Gas
Saving Gas

Description: Button | Credit Information
Credit Information

Description: Button | Business Opportunities
Business Opportunities


Counseling and other services for entreprenuers and business owners:


Other federal agencies:

U.S. Department of Agriculture


U.S. Department of Commerce


U.S. Department of Energy


U.S. Department of Education


U.S. Department of Health and Human Services


U.S. Department of Homeland Security


U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development


U.S. Department of the Interior


U.S. Department of Justice


U.S. Department of Transportation


U.S. Department of the Treasury


Environmental Protection Agency


U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service


Federal Aviation Administration


Federal Communications Commission


Federal Election Commission


Federal Trade Commission


Federal Bureau of Investigation


Small Business Administration


U.S. Food & Drug Administration


Securities and Exchange Commission


National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration


U.S. Trade Representative


National Park Service


Federal Energy Regulatory Commission


National Institutes of Health


Centers for Disease Control and Prevention


Economic Development Administration


U.S. International Trade Commission

Drug Enforcement Agency


General Services Administration


Government Accountability Office


Congressional Research Service


Government Printing Office




Please Contact Kelly at One of Her Offices

Manchester Office
1200 Elm Street, Suite 2
Manchester, NH 03101-2503
Phone: 603-622-7979
Fax: 603-622-0422
Map: Get Directions
Nashua Office
144 Main Street
Nashua, NH 03060
Phone: 603-880-3335
Map: Get Directions

North Country Office
19 Pleasant Street, Suite 13B
Berlin, NH 03570
Phone: 603-752-7702
Fax: 603-752-7704
Map: Get Directions

Portsmouth Office
14 Manchester Square, Ste 140
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Phone: 603-436-7161
Map: Get Directions

D.C. Office
144 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
Phone: 202-224-3324
Fax: 202-224-4952